PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurela (Operating for Monarch) off the runway at BHX
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 14:38
JQKA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's point out

guys should I be surprised about some posts here?
Have friend in Aurela so in Small Planet both Lithuanian operator, flying B737-300.
Let' say fisrt of all that i'm agree wih you all they are Easa qualified but believe me or not, there is nothing standard!!! No call out at all, poor SOP, old russian style Cpt and very very poor english (can't understand at all how they pass nowadays the ELP test!!!!) and last but not least maintenance!! It sucks! believe me!
I've been in contact and still right now with these guys and they told me a lot of creepy stuff..anyway they have got even a lot of problem with SAFA, but they still survived till when??..nobody knows!
The after landing procedures as someone said, start upon vacating the runway after Cpt retract Speedbrake and in any case it must take even less than 30".
Usually in EGBB aircraft are able to vacate at B but the aircraft is at the end of the Rwy and the actually metar at that time, was not so bad, but guys you have to know that in these kind of Operator, they really don't know how to flare, VRef that usually is 3 times corrected so as to be increased ( they are very careful about that and afraid) and in the same time they maybe don't understand properly what is the LDA calculation!
And what about Autobrakes!!!?? even in Rwy with more than 14thd feet thay use pos.2..do you believe that!!! but is the truee.
Air Italy is an Italian Operator and it mustn't been compared with these Lithuanian Operator..Air Italy have a strict SOP and well organized company with qualified and prepared Pilots!
The shame and only fault is with Monarch and other West European company that decrease safety margin leasing from East and increasing they pocket with money!..They really have to think about that!
And forgettable in short time!! i don't think so and what if there was even a catastrophic event??...Monarch will lose face, money, and they operation!!