PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurela (Operating for Monarch) off the runway at BHX
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 13:27
DavidWoodward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverstrata
Firefly

When I buy a brand it speaks something to me about why they do what they do. Flying on a clapped out Lithuanian a/c, however safe etc, is just not the same as on a Monarch badged and operated machine. I understand the reasons for doing it but, in my opinion, it's a bad business move.
Precisely. Airlines should be much more careful about who they sub flights out to.

I was flying a beaten up old 737 and we were subbed to Lufhansa, Air France, TAP, Swiss Air - you name it, we did it. But I felt sorry for the passengers who had paid premium rate expecting a fantastic service, and ended up flying on the world's oldest 737 with the world's most junior crew.

If you don't want to run the risk of being flown on a lease aircraft when booking with a low-cost airline...fly with a company such as BA.
Nonsense. I have done subs for BA, with rickety old aircraft. In fact, all of the BA turboprop fleet were flown by Manx Airlines and Business Air at one point - and they certainly were not BA aircraft or crews. Is this still happening? Does BA still run these Scottish flights through third-party operators?

I know BACF have wet-leased a Saab 2000 from Eastern for the LCY - IOM route.