PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 11:55
ualgrizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dummie

STD (No, not what you are thinking):

I am impressed that you took the time to watch Gen. Welsh...good on you! If what he said will not move you...nothing I will either...you will never understand people like me. Which is fine...my expectations are low. In contrast, I am not moved by atheism or pacifism, but I will not get on a public forum and bash their groups/organizations not knowing what they are all about...less I expect to be "b1tch slapped"!

What is taught at the "Zoo" other than physics, chemistry, astro, aero, any kind of math imaginable, and geopolitical issues? Believe it or not, diplomacy, I didn't do so well in the course. Hence, that's why I only said, "A$$wipe"(by the way what's so different between Spaceman and A$$wipe?). My buddies with funny names like Buford, Sheik, Stalker, Guns, Boots, Torch, Spike and "Bug" (maybe you know him) would have used many more colorful 4 letter words in their diatribe.

Moreover, putting a bar conversation on a public forum is also in bad taste. But that's OK, I am sure I said what I said and unlike some I'm not hiding behind a keyboard...I don't remember the conversation and I don't know who you are (let's keep it that way). However, you did not discuss the context in which I described our mutual friend (eg wearing an inappropriate uniform on the flight deck and speaking to crowd about "flying" the F-16 and F-15). I would not brow beat him about his job...nor should you, unless you know all of the pertinent issues. I don't know all of the contextual elements that he deals with or his pressures...and you probably don't either. I do know that I would not want to be in his position. Perhaps, like you and the guy from LA, he wants to keep his job (not arguing right or wrong here)...did you tell the CP or the DFO you are not going to fly to the hotspots because it is too dangerous. If not, do you expect him to go to the CEO and say, "I will quit unless you cease ops to Kabul or Damascus"? I don't believe his are the final decisions on said issues. More importantly, if not for him, I think we would be going to Mogadishu...think about that while you are playing tiddly-winks.

I hope we have an agreement in principle...I will not call you an "A$$wipe" if you don't insult my legacy institutions. Or next time, I will forward your insults to my friends with the funny names

Have a nice day, Grizz