PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G BIFY Radios
Thread: G BIFY Radios
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 11:32
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that G-BIFY is one of the EX Bonus Aviation aircraft. How much work have you got to do to comply with the latest Cessna blurb?

The cost of that work might temper the amount of money to spend on the radios - perhaps keep it simple and the cost down, it's a high hours aircraft and likely to fall under the requirements of some of the latest AD's.

How many hours has the engine got left and if you are going to use it for anything other than private flying? Where is it in its 12 year life cycle? I guess the potential cost of all of these factors will influence how much money you may wish to invest in the replacement of the radios.

If it was mine I would be thinking would fitting £3000 of radios into the aircraft increase the value £3000 above what you paid for the aircraft?

I see Bennet Avionics have a MX170B for $1295, if you take into account the shipping cost, and import tax costs to get it into the UK then I doubt you would have much change out of £1500. If you budget about the same for a second hand AT165 transponder then its going to be about the same again.

Last edited by goldeneaglepilot; 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:47.