PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 5th September QF Announcement
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 09:26
Squawk-7600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The manufacture of vehicles and the operation of vehicles are two very different types of business.

If you want to talk about the car industry, let's talk about the successes of Australian automobile manufacturers vs their German counterparts...
When you've finished with the eye rolling you may realise that the business environment, to quote YOUR very own expression, is precisely the same. Indeed even with the extraordinary subsidies offered to Australian (read US) car manufacturers they still can't make a go of it! Why? Well as eluded to above they produce a crap product that is not especially cheap ie it doesn't represent value in the eyes of the consumer (bogans excepted). Now, where have we heard that before?

TheHeadMaster, spot on, and well picked up. It's why it's often used as an example. I happened to pick the auto industry as it's normally well known to all, however I could have chosen myriad industries, especially those operating within the "Mittelstand" model. They recognise the various stakeholders within the business environment, and in particular an adversarial approach between employer/employees simply doesn't exist and is completely counter-productive. The success of numerous extremely high cost of operating countries simply highlights that the Australian business environment is no reason for lack of international business success. Yes including the airlines *Lancer*. It simply serves as a convenient excuse by lazy management so out of touch with the real world that they can't be screwed using their imagination. Too busy making their KPIs to ensure their bonuses I'd suggest

PS Arnold it has nothing to do with what the actual quality is, the point is what is perceived by the customer paying the money. Ask any (non-bogan) which is a "better" car, a Statesman or a 5 Series BMW. Good luck with your Statesman

Last edited by Squawk-7600; 22nd Sep 2012 at 09:29.