PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NVFR Operations during the Fire Season?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 06:38
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm going to write it again even slower.

CAO 40.2.1 (IFR)

Para 14.1 A particular grade of command instrument rating authorises the holder of the rating to fly an aircraft of the category concerned within Australia as pilot in command, or co-pilot, using the navigation aids endorsed in the holder’s personal log book in the following circumstances:
(a) Private and aerial work flights under night V.F.R. procedures provided the pilot meets the aeronautical and recent experience requirements applicable to a night V.F.R. endorsement.
I don't write the rules, but I know how to interpret and follow them.

It also, as Trent quoted, outlines you must have completed the syllabus requirements for the issue of the NVFR...
If you have completed the training as per CAO 40.2.2 Appendix 1 (NVFR) but do not hold an NVFR rating, you can fly pvt or awk NVFR under a current CIR if you are night recent. I will put money on it.

For pvt & awk, you must have undergone training (the aeronautical and recent experience requirements applicable to a night V.F.R. endorsement), see the aforementioned Appendix, must be dual.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 22nd Sep 2012 at 06:50.