PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurela (Operating for Monarch) off the runway at BHX
Old 21st Sep 2012, 21:47
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deepknight buddy, if I saw a Lithuanian registration on what I thought was a Monarch flight I would most certainly not get on it. I've worked for cowboy outfits and know how well they cover up their atrocities and how little even our own much vaunted CAA will do even in the face of certain information over a period of years. EASA approval shmoozle. It a bureaucratic rubber stamp and means very little in practice. The Cork crash operator was one such, wasn't it?
There's no way I'd choose to fly an airline like Aurela. I might have to if I was flying within E Europe but not anywhere there was a choice.
Companies have an amazing way of retaining their character over decades and this was an old Soviet operator. Think Polish governmental flight. That's enough for me. I'd rather walk.

Scott C, if you really think someone is a stuck up snob because he objects to getting a Trabant when he paid for a Vauxhall then I begin to see what the C stands for. Jeez! Your understanding of aviation is clearly minimal - if even that - if all you think that matters of an airline is getting there on time and the service. There's a wee bit more to the of running an airline than that you may be surprised to learn.
Don't give up your day job!
Thankfully you can't do too much damage as a DJ after all.It's not much like flying in that respect.

Last edited by Agaricus bisporus; 21st Sep 2012 at 22:03.