PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurela (Operating for Monarch) off the runway at BHX
Old 21st Sep 2012, 21:26
deepknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundbased: I wasn't refering to your particular case, but to the general frenzy amongst the travelling public to get the cheapest flight/holiday possible and then to complain when it doesn't provide five star service. Besides, if it was originally planned to use a Monarch aircraft on the service but it went tech, would you have refused to get on the sub-charter just because it wasn't a Monarch aircraft?
The charter world is a high-cost, low margin world. For evey £100 the companies get in, they're lucky if they make £5 profit. They buy in third party operators to cover the work that makes no sense to cover with a hull of their own. And are we really so sure this crew was in error, just hours after the event? 'Slats were in...landed fast...down to cost cutting...' All of us, BA, Virgin, Tompson, Monarch, TCX, Easy... have had incidents that don't look so comforting in the cold light of day. If I could have my time again, I'd come back as director general of the hindsight department.