PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurela (Operating for Monarch) off the runway at BHX
Old 21st Sep 2012, 21:16
Tableview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used this service about 3 weeks ago. Early in the morning I saw that the outbound had not left BHX, in fact it left 3 hours late. The check staff at NCE were either misinformed or suffering from terminal stupidity as they stated that the flight would operate on time - a little difficult when it was still on the ground 2 hours flying time away.

In the end it was operated by a Titan Airways 757, (although the boarding pass said 'Aegean Airways') clean, comfortable, and with an outstanding crew of native English speakers, who made it enjoyable despite the 3 hour delay. Ironically the BMI Baby service took off 10 minutes ahead of the ZB. I'd booked the ZB even though it was more expensive and I would have preferred WW, as the timing, if kept, would have allowed me to make better use of my day

I know a couple of people who've used the service and, less fortunately, ended up on Aurela and both stated that it was 'an experience best forgotten'. A pity as Monarch were a good airline but seem to have taken on more than they can handle and in order to attempt to rectify this they've scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited by Tableview; 21st Sep 2012 at 21:26.