PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humiliation in Canada
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2012, 12:08
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know if the original poster is for real or not but I was bloody glad to get my first turboprop job, which involved heavy loading of 2 tons of newspapers at 6 am every morning and about the same amount of cargo and freight every afternoon. It was actually a pleasant change for me because before that, I was hand loading hospital stretchers with massively obese patients on them, into the back of a Chieftain in a New Zealand flying-doctor kind of setup.

It's all about attitude, our chief pilot who was ex-RAF fast jet and ex-Cathay was just as happy to muck in and do the heavy lifting. And my wife was ecstatically happy to get the same job, when her turn came around.

Three years of that and I got a good job on the A320, if that's "humiliation" then I heartily recommend it to anyone

Having subsequently worked with a number of Egyptians at Qatar Airways, I have to say I'm not at all surprised to see the nationality of the original poster or that he might consider such a thing as hard work to be "humiliation"