PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk to Spain vfr
Thread: Uk to Spain vfr
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2012, 11:09
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A subscription to Efax.com was also very useful for PPR, checking fuel availability etc., especially in Spain where emails are often ignored or the addresses are not published in the AIP. This allows you to send/receive faxes using your smartphone/tablet. I think the first month is free.
I agree re having a fax option (though I don't use that particular company). I do a fair bit of flying around Europe and often find email addresses are duff but the fax # works. An email2fax facility is a great solution.

Spain.... airports there ritually ignore communications of any kind, especially in English Also much ground staff cannot speak English even at the bigger international airports. Greece is actually much easier, despite having a more fraught aviation scene (silly opening hours etc) because they speak English well, so in most cases, if pressed for time, you can just phone them up.

this forum will soon be as bad as face book
I think there is a proven theory that all forums degrade to the point where nobody can use them anymore FB will be next (I hope).