PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP - Paris base closure
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2012, 08:55
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
'I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.'
General George S. Patton

'Going to war without France is like going bear hunting without your accordion.'
Norman Schwartzkopf

'We can stand here like the French or we can do something about it.'
Ian Rodwell

'As far as I'm concerned, Paris basings always means failure.'
Jacques Chirac, President of France

'The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting on the Champs Elysees sipping coffee.'
Regis Philbin

'The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag.'
David Letterman

'War without France would be like...well...World War II.'
Unknown

'What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against Disney World, Cathay Basings and Big Macs than the Nazis?'
SCMP Editor

'It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.'
John Slosar

Q. What did the Mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered the city in WWII?
A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

'Do you know how many CX management people it takes to defend the Paris base? It's not known, it's never been tried.'
Ian Rodwell....again!

'Do you know it took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII but that was only because it was raining.'
John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv

"French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney" (AP, Paris , March 5, 2003)
“The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.”