PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2012, 18:03
CaliforniaDreamer123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to Sir H

"It makes me sad when somebody "LOL"over "a massive wheel blow out in Bagram" No matter how disgruntled certain exMidex crew members might be, it is not very nice to cheer over fellow crew members bad luck. IF this incident did happen (have not got any confirmation yet, and we do not know if it was a 74 or a Bus involved) it is not very hard to figure out a plausible scenario. The US military air traffic controllers seem to expect us to do the impossible at every approach at this hot n high/steep glide/high terrain airport. Most of the time we can cope with this, but with very narrow safety margins. Add to that -Max landing weight ( even an overweight landing, that Midex seem to execute on regular basis on the 74) -A thrust reverser u/s or disabled (when it comes to Midex it might not even be DMI:d) -Some tail wind component or windshear And you going to end up with very hot breaks! We do not know if this incident did really happen. If it did, the only thing we can be sure of, is that all reports will stay in a locked drawer at the Midex office , and no info will ever hit the GCAA"

Sir H, please keep your sanctimonious BS to yourself. I am not the only person laughing at Midex, the whole world is. Everybody knows how pathetic this carrier is, at least I am just being honest about it. "No matter how disgruntled certain exMidex crew members might be, it is not very nice to cheer over fellow crew members bad luck.", big whoop, its not as if anybody died or got injured. You tell me not to "cheer over fellow crew members bad luck", I have personally seen crew members ridiculing my "bad luck" in front of me, just because they were buddies with the management and had the leverage to do so. I have never been humiliated so badly in any airline, thank god I have been able to move on.

This carrier has made me commit many criminal acts. They always made me fly missions with undeclared dangerous goods and restricted military cargo. I have even been on a mission where I was forced to dump off 20 pallets of weapons, disguised as "general cargo", at Suleymaniyah. Nobody came to recieve the cargo, all the documents were forged and nobody even gave a hoot about what happened on that mission when we came back. Trips like that really made me hate myself. The culture at that airline was truely sick.

I am not saying I wasn't flying in challenging conditions, there have been times when I have been forced to land in a tailwind with an inop thrust reverser as well. If the incident was really serious, then I wouldn't be saying something like LOL. Tyre bursts happen over there very often, might as well have a laugh.