PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 20th Sep 2012, 17:27
Spit The Dummie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could hardly invent a better example to prove my previously made points: Syrian Gunship Helicopter in Mid-Air Collision With Passenger Airliner | Damascus News

FZckntkawrap - I see that the Moderator deleted your post and also those of ualgrizz, though both your objections and commentary have been noted.

Now here's some food for thought...

You certainly cannot ignore the FACT that the Taliban have been brazen enough to 'successfully' attack one of the most heavily defended airbases in Afghanistan.

In spite of all of the Coalition's resources, and 'intelligence' - plus reassurances from certain dodgy 'veterans' inside various airlines, that attacks like this were highly unlikely even at these war zone airports - it seems that nobody saw this attack coming - doh! - and that surely speaks volumes, doesn't it?!

And today, in Damascus (which is another flydubai war-zone destination), a military helicopter, conducting live-fire military operations only moments previously, was involved in a mid-air collision with a civilian passenger airliner.

This seems very much at odds with the notice we were issued, only a couple of weeks ago, in which we were basically told that "flying into Damascus is not the slightest bit dangerous" and that they are "closely monitoring the situation".

But, yet again, they failed to predict that anything could go wrong (in a war zone situation, with live fire occurring within very close proximity - doh?!!!!).

So putting all this together, we can only deduce that there is obviously something very wrong with their crystal ball and / or with their 'intelligence', is there not?!

As a licensed Commander, of a civilian airliner, you should think very carefully about your culpability, accountability, and liability (legal & otherwise) and, with all due respect to certain veterans, this is not some gung-ho game being played out between civilian aircraft and fighter jets or military helicopters manned by military jocks !

I would ask just how much more evidence is required to convince people that this war zone type flying is not safe, and that it should never have been allowed in the first place. Imho, some serious questions need to be asked about the integrity & abilities of those who are authorising this fiasco.

Last edited by Spit The Dummie; 20th Sep 2012 at 18:02.