PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR pilot demands information from ATC about terror threat
Old 20th Sep 2012, 01:43
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is strange that some people on this planet do not understand that with a bomb threat, you have to treat it as real, and you have no choice but to get the people off the airplane. You can't yourself decide if it is true or not, your training and intellect says why stay on this airplane if it might blow up.

They don't do that in terminal buildings with a threat so why would we. SLF with their opinions don't count because they have no clue. Safety is number 1 and the inconvenience of going down a slide wasn't an option for us if that is the only way.

The captain that gave them 60 seconds did the right thing. The ground superviser was trying to make sure the terminal didn't get blown up if they taxied to the gate. The captain didn't want to blow up his airplane with everybody in it. The captain did the only safe thing, evacuate. He was lucky and had a rear stair, I didn't so used slides.

Maybe if the company jumped on it when I asked for airstairs I could have saved them 10,000 dollars for 4 new slides but they didn't.