PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Dempsey Attacks SpecOps Group for Protesting Whitehouse Leaks
Old 19th Sep 2012, 23:49
brickhistory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen. Dempsey has seemed to step outside his lane regarding politics.

If he'd said nothing regarding the former SEAL but instructed the Pentagon's lawyers to pursue the apparent breaking of the NDA - Non-Disclosure Agreement - then I'd say he had a leg to stand on. But quietly. (One does wonder, having signed such a thing myself, if the press to test would fail in this case?)

His call to the loony pastor in Florida shocked me.

He didn't speak out against the retired flag officers who are supporting, publicly, either major candidate.

Yet he has been party, actively or passively, in granting a filmmaker intimate access with the particular SEAL team and planners for a movie on the raid. That sure seems to cut his point off at the knees.

One also wonders how the current Administration, including the current SECDEF and CJCS, can condemn the amateur movie being blamed for the latest round of loony Muslim protests (although the fact that it was a planned terrorist attack is being admitted as I type) yet have done nothing to stop this movie which will show Osama, a hero to many of the Muslims, being killed by American forces.

Surely, that's worth a bonfire or two?

Yet not a word stopping it and active participation in making it.

edited to add: I think the increasing public politicization of the US military is kicking at one of the last pillars of society.

Last edited by brickhistory; 19th Sep 2012 at 23:51.