PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uk to Spain vfr
Thread: Uk to Spain vfr
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 18:39
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bordeaux do indeed see themselves as a large commerical airport.

When I went in 2005, it was compulsory handling at €60. I'm sure it's more now.

All we got for he €60 by the way was an annoying handler who drove over immediately after landing to offer us a lift to his office in the mini bus. When told we'd need about 20 minutes before we were ready he left and came back after 5 minutes and then another 5 minutes. So it was somewhat annoying. In the end we told him we'd be happy to walk the 50 meters to his office and see him inside They also look our payment for the landing charges and under duress, organised the aircraft to be refulled.

I'm suggest you look at La Rochelle which breaks your journey into two relatively equal halves rather than the lobsided split that Bordeaux gives you.

I'm not sure what you're flying and what your range is, but if it was me, I'd go straight to France, perhaps Breast. By doing so you can clear customs early and are free to land whereever you want after that. ie you no longer need to land at a customs airport.

If your range is good enough for 350nm, then you could go straight to LESO without the need to stop in between.

By the way, PocketFMS does have all the VFR sectors in Spain (has had now for nearly nine years ). It too can handle all your flight planning across Europe on such a trip, and works on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, WinCE.

dp