PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 09:08
nice castle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralphmalph's post is pretty much what I would have written...well said!

If the MAA think they have implemented HC's recommendations, I know of one man who should attend the lecture, because, having listened to him lecture me on the subject, I now know he vehemently disagrees that this is the case.

Yup, you guessed it, Haddon-Cave QC himself. He told us that he recommended stripping away process (the comfort blanket that hides danger) and he thinks the MAA have absolutely not grasped this principle, having done exactly the opposite.

Movement Against Aviation - We're not happy unless you're not happy.

We'll tell you what you have put in place is inadequate, but won't tell you what would suffice, just better luck next time...
We'll tell you this at the 11th hour.
We'll make sure that instead of prepping to fly, doing planning, making bookings, doing route study, delivering quality briefings, that all of that is compressed to a nano-particle size compared to the 'safety adding' activity of running around getting MAA approvals.
We reserve the right to change our mind and move the goalposts, almost in a manoeuvrist approach to stopping you go flying, by remaining so unpredictable and lacking in overall policy, that any staff work completed more than 2 months ago will almost always need repeating.