PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 08:54
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mephistopheles, you rock. Master of sarcasm which, actually, I think is the HIGHEST form of wit, It will often, when expressed, really shake up those aimed at. I tell you what, most of the posters here are showing great resolve, fantastic humour and a tremendous desire to see the company survive. I fear, terribly, that GF will never recognise the talent displayed here.

For the Cadet situation. Easy. Restore the system that Meph enjoyed & most others in GF. Select carefully (stay away from the "Wasta"). Send trainees to a proper acadamy.Graduates remain at the College and do Airline Orientated Flight Training (sim details) after frozen ATP. Guaranteed employment as Second Officers on the most jumior fleet ( continuation of training, really in Line Orientated flight Training with Training Captains and or Senior Captains willing to pass on the skills). Make this the scheme that others will want to copy. The tough part is getting the numbers right. Currently, rapid changes in the airlines requirements would not make a Cadet scheme like this viable. BA never got it right & at one time had loads of cadets in the hold pool.

GF has to steady up, predict a future & then get the recruitment & Training to a standard that could, once again, be the envy of the airline world. Heaven knows, you guys who are on these pages deserve that.