PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kabul Madness
Thread: Kabul Madness
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 06:17
Sammajoor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mood is very black in typing this reply, please allow me a few thoughts, before you flame me.

When working in Afghanistan, you try and keep a low profile, by driving what most of the masses drive. Toyota 4 Runners and 16 seaters. By driving in an up armoured vehicle, you make yourself that more identifiable.

It is now easy to appropriate blame and point fingers. I met the owner of Balmoral on a flight from Afghanistan, while working on contract, and a more passionate man who took care of his employees, you would not find. Seth(cannot remember his name)??, my sincerest condolences to your loss.

The biggest mistake that was made in my humble opinion, was for them to use a road daily at the same time. Their movements were predictable and easy to identify, they should have varied their routes and at different times. But this is all in hindsight.

May their families find peace in the fact that they were there to do good in the world, try and make a better living for their families and just make a difference. Before you have not been in the same situation, please do not even try to form an opinion, or throw stones.

R.I.P my fellow comrades