PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2012, 01:54
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
Is it again something of your own making ?
Actually it came from Hunter58 earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by Hunter58
I would think a big red cross over thecspeed tape to be quite a visual indicator...
No - The disappearance of some characteristic speeds is NOT a positive signal of UAS.
It doesn't necessarily need to be UAS specifically in order to stabilise the aircraft and then try to troubleshoot.

No - First a IAS DISAGREE ECAM MSG does not exist and second such message or its equivalence would have been part of the FDR if it had appeared even momentarily.
OK - "IAS DISCREPANCY" then - talk about nitpicking! And has it occurred to you that it may well have been on the DFDR but was not considered relevant given that the PNF reported speeds being unavailable already?

The PNF's reference to losing the speeds is at approx. 02:10:15.

Originally Posted by CONF iture
If the guys knew, why the PNF would have said :
Fais attention à ta vitesse - Fais attention à ta vitesse
I'm not sure - the DFDR indicates that ground speed was available (and slowing) during that period - approx 02:10:27 (and airspeed returned at approx. 02:10:33). Perhaps he was referring to that?

I just don't see how an argument that the crew were unaware of an air data/speed problem until the ECAM displayed NAV ADR DISAGREE at 02:12:44 can stand up in the face of a clear reference to speed being unavailable at 02:10:15.

Fundamentally I have no problem with a hypothesis whereby there was a technical issue that misled the crew - however if you want that hypothesis taken seriously then you must work forward from the evidence at hand to support your hypothesis. Throwing mud in the form of unsupported assertions because you've already decided that the aircraft and its design must be at fault is unlikely to convince anyone other than those who already share your views.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 19th Sep 2012 at 02:15.