PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 21:08
AeroForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
western cadets graduate in continents like North America and Europe and get employed within 3-6 months by some low cost Airliner, after accumulating enough hours they come to Gulf Air (Gulf Air - Vacancy List) and we the Bahraini cadets, we dont have chance of anything.

the cycle moves on.
Really? How about you check your facts again.

Pilots in North America get their first Jet jobs based on MERIT my friend! Before you even get close to an airline job in North America you would have followed something like this road: Flight training, Flight Instructor, Air Taxi or similar logging THOUSANDS of hours and then if you're lucky enough maybe a commuter airline job flying small turboprops or if you're really lucky a small jet like a E145, whilst earning peanuts in the right seat before you're even considered for an airline job flying a A320.

Europe is a different story, where the dreams of many individuals are being milked by the commercial flight training organisations (like GAA has become now). After spending BD 75K plus there will only be enough jobs for about 10-25% of people finishing flight training. Waiting lists are often longer than 2 years (for those who find a job) and airlines offer jobs for those who are willing to pay for them, only offering temporary contracts on heavily reduced wages until aquiring a full ATPL.

The fact is that even without Gulf Air attracting expat pilots, GAA is training far more cadets than the local market can possibly absorb adopting the same business model as the big FTO's in Europe. Hence the cooperation with CAE/Oxford and Air Arabia.

Unfortunately P2F will become a reality for the local pilots as it already is for cadets all over the world.
The airline industry rather selects the cheapest instead of the best. Safety first, my **s. I rest my case.

Force

Last edited by AeroForce; 18th Sep 2012 at 21:15.