PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 19:46
Alien Woe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dough Fan makes some good points. I never had a problem with AXA and Aetna really is a garbage outfit. This move could only have been motivated by bean-counters (or a particular bean-counter whose rarely seen except if senior management are around, or there's a course involving expensive hotels or a load of free 'adult beverages' are on offer ). Nobody knows whats happening with pay. Lotta guys got extra money, even more got none, now the rumour is that we're all getting something after senior management backed down. Our senior management here is basically okay, but lousy at communicating and has too many moody knee-jerk reactions to stuff, then changes it's mind, but never tells the worker ants.

The move to new lodgings is all supposed to happen soon so who knows what it'll really be like? The shorter journey will suit some, but for sure the housing won't be as good and all the guys will be split between a number of home bases. I'm sure those of us who like the choice of catering for ourselves will be unhappy if the Polo Suites is a guide to what to expect. That started off looking real nice, but as soon as that guy Richard, the project manager, left, the standards went down real low (but hey, it's the Indian way to convince everyone that they're really much happier while securing their management bonuses - maybe this is what SAS needs to latch on to - but he's so out touch and so long gone he has no clue). One things for sure, management are panicking because the new places aren't ready, they've comited to leaving our peaceful haven and they've sent down the Bristow William Wallace (who doesn't even work for Bristow) to get it all 'sorted'

Sure, I enjoy SAS when he reminisces, but let's just remember he's as much a relic of a bygone era as the guys he so fondly either remembers or gets so wound up about. He has no idea what life is like these days in a Bristow which is totally different than the one he knew. it really make me laugh when I see a post from someone like hangloose when with only one post his profile says he's in Nigeria, but in his post he says he's
I'm out of NIgeria
and
Still like to know what's happening in Paradise.
- well you won't get that from SAS who left here aeons ago . It's the guys like psyco and Dough who are still here.