PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 15:23
Cautious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AOZC?

Not legal, please explain?

It would have been the only time it by labor dispute law of the country could have been legal. The collective agreement had expired, negotiations had started, and failed. Golden window of opportunity. All that remained was to inform the official negotiator, Riksmegleren, that they were proceeding with next step, a conflict. Wait 14 days and set park brakes.

They talked the talk, but when it came time to do the walk, they backed down, repeatedly. Every one saw that this for what it was; the last chance for course change and a better future. And they were not alone, they would have been backed all the way necessary:
http://flyger.no/arkiv/filer/Pressemelding%20fra%20Norsk%20Flygerforbund.pdf

Sure Kjos made noise, and could have disputed the unions right to make various claims. Scope clauses are part of labour contracts of other unions. Won the hard way at some time in the past.

But right and wrong is also a result of power. Stand your ground and do not back down. Once a new agreement is signed and the planes are moving again no one will argue about legalities anymore. Threats would have lost theire value once the planes came to a standstill and share prises started moving instead.

Union leaders with stock options in own company?

But then again, I might be misinformed. If so please explain?

Status last may was full suport. That window they closed themselves:

European Cockpit Association AISBL Rue du Commerce 20-22, 1000 Brussels, Belgium I T +32 2 705 32 93 I F +32 2 705 08 77 I [email protected] I Homepage | European Cockpit Association (ECA)

Brussels, 8 May 2012
Captain Aleksander Wasland Captain Sami Simonen
President, Norsk Flygerforbund President, Finnish Pilots’ Association
[email protected] [email protected]
Captain Lars Björking Captain Hafsteinn Pálsson
President, Danish ALPA President, Icelandic Pilots’ Association
Captain Gunnar Mandahl Captain Rauno Menning
President, Svensk Pilotförening President, Estonian ALPA
Re : ECA Support to Nordic Pilot Associations’ joint statement against the exploitation of airline workers.
Dear Presidents,
The European Cockpit Association represents over 38.650 pilots in 38 European Countries including the pilots from your countries, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Finland and Iceland. ECA welcomes the joint statement your 6 Associations have released on the condemnation of airlines’ pushing for workers’ exploitation through the use of ‘inventive’ contractual arrangements.
ECA and its Members are very concerned by the turn the airline industry is taking in Europe, by outsourcing pilots’ services through individual contracts which deny them fundamental labour rights, promote social dumping and unfair competition, and can compromise flight safety levels for passengers.
As accurately described in your analysis, one of the biggest threats posed by this process is the ‘externalisation’ of the Airlines’ own responsibility to the individual pilot. The precariousness of such individual contracts, together with the pressure put on pilots by the airline to minimise operational costs, compromises the pilots’ effective ability to take appropriate decisions solely based on safety concerns.