PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kabul Madness
Thread: Kabul Madness
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 15:02
Golf_Seirra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Don't necessarily blame Balmoral, as there is only so much a company can do. If one is going to work from a known compound and wearing the uniform or not it matters little. If you have seen the traffic in Kabull**** you will understand that survival from a coordinated plot would be almost futile. Those that forage here for "Aviation" and salary don't despair, one word you learn very quickly is "ensharla".The boys understood and know of the "long lines" waiting to replace them. They had a choice. Today I pain. I heard the blast."

Humm....You obviously did not work for them. Without getting into the short comings, there is a hell of a lot a company can do. Starting with the obvious, if you become the biggest South African contracting company in Afghan, you need to have your ducks in a row starting with what you call yourselves on a fuel slip.

Blame......it is rather futile at this stage. Enough to say that in any conflict situation, if a company is making good profit, there should be no expense spared at basic security.

As to the long lines of guys waiting in the wings to replace them, time shall tell. I know a lot of guys that will rather change career than go back....so shake the tree and watch the monkeys fall out. Most of the guys would have given the left nut for a job back home. It was never about the money.....time will also tell if the other SA based companies are now going to adleast match the US based salaries.

I agree with you on one point.....there is a lot of pain and it is close to home....

Shake the tree, shake the tree....