PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 08:58
KristianNorway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captplaystation, the strike would not have been legal. Kjos is a very good lawyer and the lawsuits following the illegal strikes would have been nasty.
Can you guys on the inside tell me why this wouldn't have been legal? I still haven't seen any concise information regarding the process from NPF. Is it illegal to strike for the benefit of a third party? That legal standing should be covered if only a few contractors were part of NPF. The law states nothing about a unions lack of right to represent a collegial minority.

So you want to reap all the benefits of an employment with DY without putting anything on the line yourself? This sort of egocentric selfishness is how this industry got into a s**thole in the first place.
I like the contracting tendency as little as anyone else. In fact I see it as a huge threat to my future in this business, and I'm poised to be here the next thirty years. Don't go for each others throats. Understand that contractors have no (!) legal protection. None. To ask them to stick their neck out is something completely different than asking regular employees. This is a union fight and a fight that has to come from directly employed pilots and NPF.