PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2012, 04:43
Greedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A section of the ATSB report that caught my attention was page 13 just after the PIC 's details.It refers to " post endorsement training". This I think refers to "line" training.

It states that the ATSB could not confirm the content of any Flight plan, CP or PNR training that the crew may have received.

This is of course typical of the training in all companies I have had experience of.The typical Line Training document itself is just a list of subject areas that are eventually signed off without any reference anywhere to the content of that training. It could be signed off by a person who only asked if the trainee knew what a PNR or a Flight Plan was ! On the other extreme a person my be requested to complete ATPL like questions relevent to the operation. The really stupid thing is that no one knows !

This is all part of the basic problem with airline aviation training. It is mostly conducted after endorsement on normal revenue line operations with the airline not providing trainer time or resources other than a few minutes extra pre and post flight.A proper training system would have the airline providing time and resources to complete the training tasks alocated. This costs money, of course, so it is completely unacceptable.

Greedy