PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 23:03
ohmit89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I have spent the last month looking at remedies on blocked ears on various websites, had a myringotomy done. but nothing really worked for my left ear it was stuck fast. Until yesterday. I read somewhere - wait for it - it sounds ridiculous, that if you hum like bee it will help. Being desperate and willing to try anything to help my condition. I went home to try this and I think I have had some success! I have glue ear for a whole month and this low pitched hum seems to shake off the gunk in my ear - it began to feel wet again inside the drum. and the fullness is wearing off. It soon got addictive I was humming at home whenever I had a spare moment.

More about the technique. I found the vibrations got to the ear easier if you pinch your nose.

I dont know whether it is time that is helping my issue or this weird technique but I am over the moon.

I also started using Benadryl last night as well so I dont know if it is that as well. but the improvements over the last day has been far greater/speedier than I have experienced since my problem started from a flight a month ago. Never flying with a cold again!

I signed up to this forum just to share this with you guys, ear fullness drove me crazy! Hope this helps!