PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Departure Record on UK Visa Waiver
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 22:55
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might help?

I did not turn in my I-94 when I left the U.S.; what should I do?
If you returned home with your Form I-94 (white) or Form I-94W (green) Departure Record in your passport, it is possible that your departure was not recorded properly.

If you departed by a commercial air or sea carrier (airlines or cruise ships), your departure from the U.S. can be independently verified, and it is not necessary to take any further action, although holding on to your outbound (from the U.S.) boarding pass - if you still have it - can help facilitate your reentry next time you come back to the United States.

If you departed by land, private vessel or private plane, you will need to take steps to correct the record. Under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), visitors who remain beyond their permitted stay in the United States cannot reenter the U.S. in the future without obtaining a visa from a U.S. Consulate. So if you are a Visa Waiver Program visitor who traveled by land to either Canada or Mexico for an onward flight, it is particularly important for you to register your timely departure if your green I-94W was not taken when you exited the U.S. If you are a VWP visitor and you left the U.S. by an air or sea carrier, you don't need to worry.

If you still have retained your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States (see the last question on this page) to:

DHS - CBP SBU
1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744
USA

Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record or supporting information to any U.S. Consulate or Embassy, to any other CBP Office in the United States, or to any address other than the one above. Only at this location are we able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future. The London, Kentucky office does not answer correspondence, so please do not ask for confirmation that your record has been updated.