PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 20:01
Robert G Mugabe

Smile

ADM

A very eloquent reply as always. I like you do have hopes for easyJet. Unfortunately easyJet is a company which is "close but no cigar". It is almost like the powers that be cannot help themselves. I have spent over a decade with easy and have enjoyed some of the best training, newest aircraft and worked with some of the most professional people ( in both seats and the cabin )

I am however reduced to being a glass is half empty person. Not because easy is a bad company but because I cannot understand how the company value the " intangibles ". Predominantly LOYALTY. Both from the employee and to the employee. Flexicrew is the most recent manifestation where the company have sacrificed loyalty for a cheap return.

The mantra used to be Low Cost with Care and Convenience. They dont however care if it is convenient or inconvenient both to pax and employees as long as it is cost effective.

I dont even begrudge the directors their renumeration. What I do take issue with is their misguided belief that my perception of easyjet will change with a few sops like USAY , SPIRIT and wireless in crew rooms.

Ultimately the price I place on my time and consideration is more than the price easyjet place on it. Thus no early reports, no discretion and no working into days off. I commend this attitude to all my colleagues. ( As an aside the only recent change for the better occurred when our OTP was compared to Air Zimbabwe)

BALPA would not be happy with a work to rule policy however.

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 17th Sep 2012 at 20:03.