PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 18:40
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Mugabe - very valid questions, but I do not quite buy the conspiracy theory. I cannot remember where NC (the outgoing CC Chairman) is headed, but it is something like the EPG works council committee. As far as I can tell he will not be handsomely rewarded for his troubles - thank goodness someone wants to do that sort of thing, because I certainly do not. As for the LGW Pilot Manager (soon to be 'Base Captain' under the new terminology!), she is frankly outstanding. She was great with BALPA and exactly who I would want as a manager. She is not afraid to wield the big stick if required, but absolutely and totally devoted to the well-being of the pilot community. Frankly, I cannot imagine anyone I would want more in that position. Whether we like it or not, the same qualities that make good BALPA reps are the same ones that make good managers - as you may be aware, it is a well-trodden path from BALPA rep to airline exec.

Regarding BALPA's past failings, they are evident to us all in regards to flexicrew. Nonetheless, they are all we have and I am hopeful, but cautious, that we are now entering a new phase. I think that there are positive signs all round about the provision of permanent contracts, but the real danger is that they come at the price of a degraded contract. I would be happy to accept lower initial starting terms to sweeten the blow to the Company, but what I am not willing to accept is a lessening of the final SFO/Capt Ts & Cs. Time will tell what the real deal will be. One thing is sure, there is much to be fought over in the days ahead.