PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAA MILITARY AIR SAFETY CONFERENCE
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 15:29
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Apparently the speakers will tell us that "the UK Ministry of Defence has implemented the vast majority of the Haddon-Cave Review’s recommendations and a profoundly different UK military aviation regulatory environment is in effect".

The key question is this. Would implementing Haddon-Cave's recommendations have prevented Nimrod, Chinook, Sea King, Tornado, C130 etc? No.

Would implementing mandated regulations of the day? Yes.

The reason for this is because Haddon-Cave refused to publish the most damning evidence or address the root causes. Consequently, the MAA is, by definition, deeply flawed.

If I were invited, I'd be asking if the staffs who consistently advised Ministers that the airworthiness regulations WERE being implemented robustly are still in post; and if so, why.

The very fact that Ministers had to address this basic question, long before XV230 crashed, demonstrates SOMEONE knew the regulations weren't being implemented, and notified the correct authorities of the fact.

Why did Haddon-Cave not mention this? Because the truth exposed many of his conclusions as arrant nonsense - most notably the claim the failures only commenced in 1998. Again, it follows the MAA's efforts are based on a false premise.

No, I don't think the MAA will mention any of the above.