PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 11:41
BCALBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA and BFS

I am sure BA has negotiated a good deal with BHD and it would be difficult for BFS to offer something which would tempt BA to shift in the near future.
BA had been talking to BHD re moving there (in a bid to cut losses) prior to 9/11 when the decision was taken to pull out altogether .

BHD is more convenient for the majority of point to point business traffic ,particularly LONDON based travellers who tend to pay the highest fares and I believe BA would be at a disadvantage to EI if they moved to BFS and EI were at BHD.

As regards flight timings ,this is a red herring.
When BA operated to BFS previously, the latest dep from LHR was 1900hrs.
The latest dep to BHD in S13 IS 2005hrs ,i don-t think wnything later is required.

There will always be someone wanting a flight at 2300hr or 0100hrs because of their individual circumstances , but the bulk of high yield point to point, don-t want late flights.

The BA Shuttle schedule to BFS originally had evening deps at 1630,1830 and 2030. The 2030 was by far the weakest service for business travellers.They want too finish their meeting in LON and get back to lhr and to Belfast at a reasonable hour .

Last edited by BCALBOY; 17th Sep 2012 at 11:48.