PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Banning Genghis the Engineer
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 10:50
piperarcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I support what dublinpilot says. There are a small number of people who do have expertise and experience that others (like me) are aspired by, and wish to learn from. Thats why I come here.

Of course, we cant take anything we read as gospel, the help and advice given on here has to be taken at face value - however what you get on PPRuNe is opinion, experience, lessons learnt, the things that happen in the real world, and sometimes contradiction to what 'the books say'. I have been flying for 7 years, but you can often learn more on here from people like Genghis and others, in an hour, than you could in a days company of an official flight instructor. Thats what makes this invaluable.

Removing Genghis' past posts (many thousands I recall) seems unnecessary. I hope the dispute with Genghis is resolved amicably, that his previous work is put back, that he can at least continue (if he wants to) in a contributor fashion (though I thought he was an excellent Mod), and the significant others dont depart what is generally an excellent forum.