PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL help
Thread: ATPL help
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 08:07
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a little out of touch with finance options and availability. However, some years ago there used to be a Career Development Loan up to £8K (I think).
Finance companies would consider such course as high risk as they have little or no security. I suspect difficult to get or at high interest rates, almost certainly require your parents to act as a guarantor.

WARNING - I have known student parents extend the mortgage on their property to cover the training. In my view this is very high risk as their are too many unknowns, other than the bank repossessing the house if they fail to make the payments.

An integrated course lasts around about 12/13 months, so it is possible with all things in your favour to be in R/H seat in about 15 months. As you already hold a PPL with hours this could be less if you did a full-time modular course.

Prior to starting any course get insurance to cover the training costs in the unlikely event of you being unable to complete due to loss of medical. Seen it happen after a student had a life changing RTA.