PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plot to down US army charter flight.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2003, 07:49
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to answerabout crews

The crews on these aircraft will generally have volunteered to fly these flights.
Back during the Gulf war my former collegues in Delta had to organise the volunteers by seniority because so many pilots and cabin crew had opted to fly the troops out.
Most people in the US will have done military service or training at some stage and it is out of our loyalty to our country that we fly these trips.
Back then there was great publicity given in the media to these flights due to the fact that so many people were doing this on their time off and not being paid for it.
Basically just "doing their bit".
And since these flights are being highlighted so much in the Irish media and incidently also appeared on CNN i don't see what the fuss is about GB.
Really if you have had ANY experience in these type of operations you will know that the flights of any importance are never logged or have any paper trail.
Also GB to answer your pityfull reasoning about Iraqi troops boarding a plane to JFK.....
Well the US troops are not being flown to Baghdad they are going to military bases not public airports.....with the exception of Shannon seemingly
So it is ludicrous to suggest what you did.....don't you think.....
If they had a base in the US well then who would know what was on board but since the DON'T that idea is laughable.....

To answer your comment about previous knowledge of Sept 11th
haven't you been or don't you look at the the articles in the US media???
It is now been reported that most US security services had info on the attacks but it seemingly got lost somewhere along the way

GB
i just noticed that you are preaching to us all to say nothing
but it was YOU who started this thread
So if you don't want people to post you should NEVER have started the thread.....right????