PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft private touring holiday suggestions 2013
Old 17th Sep 2012, 00:55
Ovation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eduardo,

The entire Kimberly region has some of the most stunning scenery you'll ever see.

Mt Hart Station is worth a visit. It has good accommodation and the hosts there are very friendly. Their tame dingos will welcome you, and they are happy to sleep under the wing during the day or on top at night.

Uluru (Ayres Rock) is well worth seeing but the resort is way overpriced and under-delivers - read user comments in TripAdvisor to see what I mean.

West of Alice Springs is Kings Creek Station, which has good but basic accommodation, however the scenery at nearby Kings Canyon makes it a "must see" destination.

If you travel through central Queensland. Winton is a very pilot friendly destination, and Lark's Quarry visit can be recommended if you want to see evidence of a Dinosaur stampede, and a meal at the Tatt's hotel is recommended. Charleville is also a friendly place and well worth a visit.

If you happen to pass through Adelaide PM me, and I should be able to help you with a bit of local knowledge.