PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2012, 00:08
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallpilot wrote

hopeless road access, usually have to walk from the unmade carpark to the terminal as no sign of a transfer bus, that ridiculous fee just to drop someone outside the terminal, the endless security queues, then trying to make people pay more to go to the front, I could go on. Your airport is a dump, the least pax friendly experience of any London area airport. Suggest you look closer to home before you expend all that energy on 'dissing' other airports.
Was your post supposed to make me angry, was it a post of spiteful revenge? Just for your information I don’t have an airport. You will find that the Luton thread has maturity that is lacking here and that its greatest supporters on PPRune are also its greatest critics. You might be surprised but I agree with everything you say except the terminal isn’t a dump but it is just too popular at peak times, which is only around 2 hours a day. Anyway this is a Southend thread and not a Luton thread so post your anti-Luton comments there where they can be debated and where I can agree with most of what you say.

Maybe this thread should be renamed “Southend through rose tinted glasses” where nothing needs improving and if it does no one must mention it because it will be viewed as being anti Southend by the usual suspects who take it upon themselves to hurl insults as a way to make themselves feel better because they don’t like hearing the truth.

Southend is here and it will stay and according to many has a great passenger experience, which will get even better but eventually the long term car park will become the short term car park and a new long term car park will be built on the other side of the airport just as it has at Luton. The “ridiculous fee” for dropping someone off will be coming to Southend soon just as it is coming to Stansted in October. No doubt when it arrives you will be saying what a good idea it is as it helps to provide more investment or more profit depending on your view point.

Finally if anyone disagrees with the way I see things then have your say and put me right. This is what makes PPRune a great place to be. What lets PPRune down a little is that some people take comments about Southend personally and see posts as though someone was insulting their wife. .

Remember it’s not life and death it is just an airport and nothing else.

Last edited by LTNman; 17th Sep 2012 at 05:51.