PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2012, 20:51
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA # 351 - found this development in your link extremely interesting. Wonder what brought that about?
Reading Phelan in the AA piece, I notice this:-

"A copy of the report has been made available to the Queensland Police Service to aid the QPS in determining whether misconduct by CASA officials has occurred under Queensland law" etc.
It's not too big a stretch of the imagination to believe that the QPS have just about had enough of CASA in Qld. I know they are still seriously cranky about the Lockhart River fatal, the Hempel fatal, the Dalby investigation and a couple of other similar events; where they were told to shear off and leave it to the grown ups. Maybe, when professional, unbiased investigators get involved and the rules of evidence and testimony are invoked, things change??

BH # 358 - What else should ATSB have found?
I would agree if it were not for the many questions concerning CASA influence over operational management, AAT hearings, Coronial findings, ATSB reporting and the negative safety impact of micro management; all in the name of covering the Minsters sorry, Teflon coated arse. The ATSB has been about as much use three men a way from home since Lockhart River. Technically still sound but; the conclusions since LHR have, to say the least, left much to be desired.

This story goes just a little deeper than 'the chump ran out of noise' (which is true). I took the trouble to download and read the Prune Gate report. It raises some of the deeper issues which may have contributed to placing this crew in that predicament. This is why so many have made useful contributions to this thread and for many searching questions being asked. Click 'Down Load" have a coffee and a read.

Prune Gate.

Last edited by Kharon; 16th Sep 2012 at 21:02.