PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2012, 18:30
psyco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents, thank you for the entertaining reading today. A boring, rainy Sunday here in PH. The polo field is now the polo lake...

Anyway, you both have good points. Yes, Aetna is worthless, but Bristow didn't select Aetna just to p1ss off their employees. There were issues with AXA for us yanks. SASS is definitely on point with his well written post about professional and personal standards, which is definitely reflected in some of the characters here. It's tough for some, but as long as the professional side stays that way, so be it.

I've been on both sides of the fence. The grass is green on both sides, but of different verities. CHC and Bristow both have good points, and not so good points. Dough, if you need a comparison to Elelenwo, go see Areta Estates, which is where CHC was for years. There, the bar and the camaraderie were what held everyone together. And the worst point with leaving Elelenwo to different locations is the loss of camaraderie.

There are good people in both CHC and Bristow, which make the job worthwhile. I do Nigeria for the money, the friendship, and the 6 weeks at home with my family. When I'm home, they are 100% my focus. But while here, my focus is work.

Now it's time to go have a Gulder at the bar with my friends/colleagues!

Last edited by psyco; 16th Sep 2012 at 18:32.