PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do you expect from p2f?
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2012, 17:11
ppraticallybroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Screwit.

I know his frustration well. Maybe he shouldn't have been banned? The wannabe forums don't really serve a purpose. Perhaps letting wannabe victims blow off some steam would be a useful new function?

Once upon a time, all training was paid for. You'd of needed your head read to buy 200 hrs of training for IR. But some of those not good enough to get jobs at the end of that training, bought their way in. And then you'd have had to be insane to buy a rating on a turboprop or something to get experience so someone would rate you on a jet. But those not good enough got daddy to buy them in. And then TR on jets became the norm and those not good enough bought line training courtesy of daddy to get them in. Next those who don't get in with 500 hrs will get daddy to buy 1500 hrs to unfreeze their license and all airlines will ask for that as a minimum. Maybe after that they will demand two ratings so you are flexible. Without legislation it will only get worse because the rich sometimes have dumb kids and they will buy them good jobs. And that's just the way its always been. And whether your daddy is wedged or not, you have to keep up.

I got my license as just after the economy crashed in 2008 and RyanScare and EZ made were the only people recruiting. I didn't risk a TR. Not without a guaranteed job to go to. For a long time I was very depressed. All that money, all that time. Hey it was my 'dream' as much as anyone else's. But I've had more time to 'get over it' and I'm not unhappy I'm not a pilot. I don't want to spend my life worrying that I'll lose my job as fresh money-in-hand wannabes look to buy my seat from under me. I don't want to have my company treat me like dirt because 10,000 other people would start my job tomorrow, I don't want to watch my wages tumble and my T&Cs be a source of personal embarrassment. I don't want a decade of debt.

I just want a dignified, well paid job with some security. I'll fly on the weekend.

I'd have probably made a good pilot. I can make a sound and rational decision in a highly stressful and emotionally charged situation. I'm not sure those who re-mortgage their parents houses as a shot to nothing can.

Last edited by ppraticallybroke; 15th Sep 2012 at 17:17.