PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PT6A-27 - several questions
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2012, 02:54
Marcel Felde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PT6A-27 - several questions

Hello everyone,

I have some questions on the PT6A and would be very happy, if anyone knows some answers!

1. If you switch from LO Idle to HI Idle - is the distance of the Powerlever you would use for setting 52->70 % NG without function?

2. If the Beta system controls the Propeller Pitch, does the Prop Lever get useless?

3. Is there any data or information about the Prop Pitch angle during the corresponding to the Power Lever positions during Beta Mode?

4. If the Prop Lever gets useless during Beta Operation, what does the Prop pitch do at the moment the system switches from Beta to Alpha with different positions of the Prop Lever? Or does the adjustable angle of prop pitch become very "narrow" with lower NG settings so there only one "position" left just before switching from Alpha to Beta?

5. What is the Propeller Pitch angle during Reverse operation? Does the angle increase due pulling the Power Lever further backwards or only the NG rise?

6. Does reverse start with more power while operating in HI Idle?

7. At which point during engine startup does the oil start to allow changes in Prop Pitch?

8. With what kind of power settings is it possible to feather the propeller? I noticed, while being in idle, feathering reduces NG to about 45%. Is that due drag or some kind of mechanical controlling?

9. Is the whole system of propeller and engine influenced due airspeed?

I know, many questions... and I am looking forward to your answers.

Greetings,

Marcel

Last edited by Marcel Felde; 15th Sep 2012 at 08:18.