PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 at AeroStar, Orlando
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2012, 00:50
youdontknowme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AeroStar? I just gotten back from it... With a A320 type in my pocket.

This is what I experienced:

First, I went to different training facilities in my career learning to fly different aircraft so I can compare (PanAm, Flight Safety, etc).

- The facilities are modern, on the international airport, and inside a large Jet provider FBO. Comfortable. Training material are State Of The art.

- The SIMs are... I don't think there is better ones, period. They are run by an airline. Maintenance staff is there 24/7. There were minor problems while I was there, so we changed sims...

- The instructors: They were all "real" airline pilots and they teach is a fun and relaxed atmosphere. For me it was the best philosophy. I don't think I had a better time in a ground school (and in the sim too!), ever. Now this being said, you still have to study... There are things I would have liked to be a bit different, but nothing is perfect.

-The price: No hidden costs. No BS. I did not have to pay a penny more.

My recipe to success at AeroStar: Study a bit in advance before going there. Forget the money you just paid, it is an investment, no matter what people think. Study hard. Listen to the instructors (they know how to get you through...). And have fun in the classroom and the sim. Stay focused.

I made it so can you.

I hope this was helpful... Good luck.

Last edited by youdontknowme; 19th Sep 2012 at 00:07.