PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft private touring holiday suggestions 2013
Old 14th Sep 2012, 23:15
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
1. Do I need an ASIC? I got one back in 2007 since I was planning to do my PPL in Australia back then, but changed my plans and so let it lapse.

2. How difficult is it to arrange local VFR flights, such as flying around Ayres Rock?

3. My PT6 burns JetA1. How available is JetA at the smaller airports?

4. Where can I obtain the insecticide you have to pre-spray the cabin with prior to arrival?

5. Weather. I was planning to leave Thailand late April, to avoid the beginning of the monsoon there, so would be arriving to Australia in early May, and returning in mid June. What is the weather generally like for flying in Australia during that period?

Any suggestions and answers gratefully received.

Cheers - Eduardo
I can't help with the ASIC customs type questions I'm sorry,phone an Australian flying school or the CASA for current and accurate info.

2, easy. You can view Australian AIP on line. That will outline all the requirements, butitshouldnt be an issue. You can fly around the country VFR with little effort.

3 with a range of 1000nm you won't have an issue getting fuel.

4 not sure, the company work for provides it when required, let "PM" me if you don't get an appropriate response and m sure I can find out. I suspect Customs and quarantine will provide it if you haven't sprayed, however you may have to sit in the aircraft for some time after spraying for it to take affect. Not ideal.

5 the general weather is good. Dry season in the Northern half. Once you are clear of the Queensland coast it should be difficult to find a cloud in the north.
Down south can be more hit and miss but overall pretty good weather.
Publications | Airservices

As for a suggested route home, there are so many options. My suggestion would be to look at some Australian travel sites, decide what interests you and then come back and give us some clues as to what you would like to see.

Last edited by RENURPP; 14th Sep 2012 at 23:21.