PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 23:02
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Doughfan.....with your seniority I would hardly think you have much first hand knowledge of events and have only garnered what little you know vicariously.

I suppose you may have read a well known novel loosely based upon Bristow and thus feel qualified to hold forth on the virtues of that organization....but sadly....you do not know of what you speak.

Until you have lived it and thus gain that quality insight one gets from living it....you will only be able to imagine what you think you know.

There are many different Bristow's as any of the old hands will tell you....if you have the humility to ask. It continues to change as time goes on as does every organization.

When the Old Man himself ran the outfit.....it was very much different than in later years. The Management philosophy changed, the management style changed, and it continues to change.

As you probably have scant knowledge of life before the many buyouts and changes of ownership....you might wish to find some older hands that now days will have to pass on second hand knowledge of the original days to you.

At one time Bristow was an absolutely magic place to work.....very much due to the Old Man running it with the able assistance of some very interesting people.

Sadly, those days are very long gone.

Sadly, the current Bristow is no longer the same place.

Bristow is very much indicative of the helicopter industry as a whole.....when you find yourself on a good lick...enjoy it because it isn't going to last. Enjoy it while you can. There are good places within the company....and if you are lucky enough to find yourself at one of them....dig in like a Tick.

I lobbied for some of the current management years ago in Lafayette knowing they were being overlooked for any number of reasons....none of which were good or business like. Good guys will find themselves in positions where they can make a difference and there shall be some losers who find their ways up that greasy pole of management....but that is typical of any business.

Just because you differ in your views than mine.....does not make you right...more sensitive to the situation....or in any way the final word. I call them like I see them....sometimes it is not flattering but then I have never been reluctant to do that. I made to retirement with all my component parts by holding to good standards of safety and professionalism. In another twenty years....if/when you get to that point in your life....you will be able to say the same thing I hope.

Just because it has cute little Speed Birds in Red, White and Blue on it.....does not make it the Bees Knees. It is the people that do the job that makes the company. Change is not always an improvement.....but sometimes to improve one must change.

No matter the nationality....a two faced lying weasel is just that. Calling one that to his face is not always wrong....it may be insulting to the Weasel...but it is still the truth. People play games....they just do not like to be reminded of it.

Perhaps in a quiet moment....you will one day understand the difference between the "truth" and what one imagines the "truth" to be. You will be a lot happier if you can discern the difference.