PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 21:44
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your responses show you have never lived in the US
OK, I made a wrong assumption about you, I stand corrected. Apologies.

However Silver, I'm afraid you are wrong about the above, I have lived for around a year in the USA.

how the BBC is still so left wing and winging when it's been run by Tories for all but three of the last 26 years?
I'm not sure that the politics of the person at the top always equates with those further down. I think the BBC as a whole is to the left of centre, but it clearly has key presenters who are further left than this, just as it also has those on the right. If people weren't accusing it of bias (remember the SNP say it is London-centric too), it just wouldn't be Auntie Beeb.

And Fox is fair and balanced?

R4 will follow R3 on the agenda as surely as night follows day.
I'm not so sure. R3 can take most of the short traffic, no more than 0.5 NQPs per movement, a 4th runway like this might start to place constraints on where the heavies would go. Where would you put T8&T9 by then?

I'd rather go on the basis that demand for air travel is as likely to level off as it is to keep growing. LHR is always going to take the premium connecting traffic, with R3 it will take some of the more ptp stuff from LGW, over time, maybe some of that reverts back, who knows.

Certainly far from a done deal.