PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Notice SN-25 (carb ice) - additional 1.5 in. HG MAP?
Old 14th Sep 2012, 20:27
Dick Sanford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Approximately 1.5 in. Hg additional MAP is required to generate maximum continuous power (MCP) or takeoff power (TOP) with full heat applied."

The above is taken from the subject SN. The intent seems to be clear to me but I would agree that it would be absolute if it was ratified in the POH limitations section, however as explained, this takes time.

I cannot and do not speak for RHC but I would think that a POH limitation section amendment is on it's way.

I for one, will be very happy to see such an amendment as those people that know me or have attended my European Robinson Flight Safety Course will know that I have been teaching/discussing/explaining the subject of Carb Icing in the Robinson Product for more years than I wish to remember.
In particular this current subject of Carb' heat -v- BHP.

I apologise if I have come across as 'confrontational' as that was not the intent and is unhelpful, however, we should be able to have a "Frank" !!!!!!!!!!!! discussion.