PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL help
Thread: ATPL help
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 20:18
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleased to be of assistance. Remember everybody is different in terms of background, finance, ability and persistence.

Aviation and pilot jobs is all about supply and demand due world economics. Biggest & last pilot shortage was in 1940! If the airlines can keep flying by using already qualified pilots, means minimum training costs and little or no jobs. IF the airlines start to really ramp up recruitment, trust me they will take anyone with a licence doesn't matter where it/they came from. I have seen it happen several times, though rarely since 9/11.

Generally the major flag carriers are very selective and usually recruit from a qualified pool. A number of ex students have gone Easy to BA. This movement eventually seeps down to the lower end of the market and allows those with low hours a step on the ladder.

Though employers might not want to see several training providers doing different things on your CV. A modular student doing most of the training under the same QUALITY FTO banner is certainly as good a bet and with more hours as an integrated guy. Certainly seen EXCEPTIONAL modular students get jobs with the likes of BA, BMI(as was) straight out of FTO. Conversely seen integrated students having spent over £100k still not get jobs other than a PPL flying instructor.

I come back to the fact you already have a PPL and hours and this would not be reflected in terms of credit if you went down the integrated route.
Now go and get that Class 1 as this is Step 1 on a long path.