PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plot to down US army charter flight.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2003, 21:02
GordonBurford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question.

What's wrong with destroying commandeered or chartered vehicles transporting troops or war materials that are being transported to your viscinity with the express intent of attacking your country?

In my view the answer is simply that you'll be killing, which is always wrong. Especially with an innocent flight-crew on board. The thing is, i'm not sure whether this comes under a soveriegn states right to defend herself.

I don't support it, but you COULD construct an argument that these guys are on their way to attack a specific country, possibly making them a legit target?

Quite honestly, are we to believe that if a commercial flight full of Iraqi soldiers was attempting to fly to the US, that it'd be allowed to land and JFK airport and disembark it's passengers?

To be honest, though, I think this is so much media hyperbole. Never forget, the news is there to keep us watching the commercials. Selling the public groceries and consumer durables between bulletins is what pays the newsman's wages. Keeping us informed is just an excuse to make the programs in the first place.