PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2012, 12:53
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
No I think the "else" in Blackhands post sums up his sentiment but ISTBC. Why would the PIC and his F/O need to ring to ask any of those questions? They had a flight to conduct and as a crew they needed to plan and fly it in the safest possible way. If the ops manual doesn't, give enough guidance then your Experience and common sense will determine how the flight is to be conducted. My company don,t want me to take any more fuel than is the minimum legal. That doesn't, leave a lot of options if the lights at Darwin aren,t available or a Baron does a wheels up at Cairns or the unforecast fog rolls in at Perth so I take extra because ultimately I am responsible for the amount of fuel put in the tanks. The company doesn't,t like it but they are as aware as I am of my legal responsibilities and I have never had "please explain" call despite the reputation of the LCC I fly for. Sometimes when you are PIC you have to say this is the fuel I think is necessary and if you as CP are not happy with that then you can do the next medievac from Apia!